The first year of a new gTLD determines its success, and few gTLDs can recover from a poor start. More importantly, a new gTLD launch is a difficult decision to reverse. Once a new gTLD is established and individuals and organizations purchase domain names using that gTLD, its discontinuation would cause
massive disruption and an adverse impact on the entity. There is little room for error.
To ensure a successful gTLD launch, Architelos can:
- Select your registrar partners & manage your sales channel
- Establish policies for who can apply for domain names under your gTLD
- Write your new gTLD policies for payments, escrow, and auction services
- Clarify domain renewal policies
- Oversee the protection of your intellectual property
- Develop procedures and security requirements to prevent phishing, spam and other gTLD attacks
- Develop your marketing program and launch promotions
- Establish your financials to conform to ICANN requirements
- Outline your launch tests
- Manage foreign exchange risks
- Establish customer service functions
Why Architelos? Because we’ve done it before:
- Architelos CEO Alexa Raad and CFO Norbert Grey were part of the management team that successfully launched the new gTLD .mobi, with business and marketing plans, pricing and financial models and forecasting, and customer service requirements.
- John Matson evaluated and learned the lessons from previous new gTLD launches and can impart that knowledge to new gTLD applicants.
- John also has developed business models that are based on actual experiences of new gTLD launches. These models describe clear pathways to successful and profitable launches.
- Architelos CTO Michael Young helped develop a back-end registry system from the ground up and built technical products required by leading gTLDs.
In short, Architelos has the experience and knowledge to help you successfully launch your new gTLD.
For more information, see articles by Architelos executives on new gTLD launches: