The first year of a new gTLD determines its success, and few gTLDs can recover from a poor start. Additionally, a new gTLD launch is a difficult decision to reverse. Once a new gTLD is established and people, companies and organizations buy domain names using that gTLD, its discontinuation would cause massive disruption to businesses and organizations resulting in a significant and adverse impact on the entity.
Architelos can help your new gTLD get off on the right foot by:
- Selecting your registrar partners & managing your sales channel
- Establishing policies for who can apply for domain names under your gTLD
- Writing your new gTLD policies for payments, escrow and auction services
- Establishing renewal policies
- Overseeing the protection of your intellectual property
- Developing procedures and security requirements to prevent phishing, spam and other attacks
- Enhancing your marketing program and launch promotions
- Determining your financials to conform to ICANN requirements
- Outlining your launch tests
- Managing foreign exchange risks
- Creating customer service functions
Even if you’ve already launched a successful TLD, there’s always room for growth and improvement. That’s why Architelos offers a full suite of services for existing TLDs.
At Architelos, we understand the importance of staying one step ahead of the competition. That’s why we offer competitive analysis and strategy services for existing gTLDs. We perform independent research and analysis of your current domain name market and assess potential new entrants given ICANN’s new gTLD program and timing. We also evaluate your current brand positioning combining your own reports and research with available secondary sources to form a quantitative and qualitative picture of the current state.
While the registry operations outsourcer provides SRS and resolution (back-end) services, Architelos provides the following front-end registry services for existing TLDs.
- NumberSenseSM for deferred revenue calculations
- Business Case Builder for financial forecasting & projections
- Management dashboard for business operations performance management
- Registry financials (accounting and management reporting)
- Financial reporting consulting
- Executive management support – optional
In addition to NameSentrySM, Architelos provides a complete range of anti-abuse and security support services, including:
- Domain abuse monitoring
- Domain abuse mitigations
- Consulting and training
- Ad-hoc investigations and evaluations