Top-Level Domain Management System (TMS)
Architelos has developed TMS as an outsourced solution for new gTLDs so they can quickly launch and/or manage their gTLD business operations, while off-loading much of the costs and risks.
The TMS suite, which is ICANN compliant and designed to work with most back-end registry systems, is intended to considerably simplify the selection, set-up, configuration and integration of the suite of software products and services that are otherwise needed to implement the gTLD front office functions, such as:
- Finance and general ledger
- Management reporting (including dashboards)
- Work flow management (including contracts processing and management)
- Marketing and marketing support portal
- Anti-abuse service
Since the market does not provide a customized, fully integrated set of software services designed for the gTLD registry business, any new gTLD operator can develop its own systems, which include defining requirements, managing RFPs and otherwise obtaining software licenses, configuring the software to suit the registry business, writing application interfaces between the various software to ensure proper integration, and writing application interfaces with the back-end operators various systems, such as customer support and the various transaction reports.
All this will take time, know-how and initial outlay for various licenses, as well as the cost of ongoing maintenance and upgrade contracts. We also help you assess the risk, such as being locked into a set of software that may not be optimal or hard to transition.
A better alternative will be TMS. It will be pre-configured, already integrated with various back-end operators’ systems and ready to use on day one. Much like any SaaS based model, the benefits of Architelos’ TMS service are:
- Lower initial investment and upfront costs
- Known and affordable quarterly cost
- Assurance of up-time
- Regular updates and maintenance
In short, Architelos can manage the critical front-office systems as well as contracts with any back-office registry system.
For more insight, see articles by Architelos executives on managing a TLD:
- Why ICANN’s New Domain-Name System Could Benefit Brands | CMO Strategy
- Six Key Issues About Operating a TLD Registry
- Outsourcing and Registry Operations Present Challenges to New TLD Applicants
- New gTLDs: Will Application Developers Be Ready In Time to Secure User Confidence?
- The User Experience with New TLDs: How to Avoid the Junk Mail File or ‘User Unknown’
- Facebook.com/Brand vs. a New TLD: What’s a Brand to Do?
- The Three Lessons We Can Learn from gTLDs’ Past