Domain abuse can stain the reputation of your business, and significantly impacts your users, your sales, your operational costs, and the resolvability of your domains.
Reports of abusive registrations have led providers to blacklist millions of domain names, and to block entire TLDs in attempts to protect users. Highly sophisticated criminals systematically take advantage of domain name registries and registrars every day. Abuse can cost a registry or registrar hundreds of thousands of dollars in customer service and legal costs, not to mention the irreversible damage to your brand.
The solution is simple. Introducing our NameSentry™ abuse detection and mitigation service.
Read the frequently asked questions FAQs
Read more about NameSentry™ Download the PDF
What Are The Options When It Comes To Domain Abuse?
1. Ignoring abuse is not an option. New TLDs must fulfill ICANN’s anti-abuse requirements. ccTLDs must worry about government scrutiny. And all TLDs must protect their brands and control their operational costs.
2. Rely on your back-end registry services provider. Unfortunately their services tend to be “one-size-fits-all” solutions and may not meet the unique needs of your TLD. Their services often address only some types of abuse, but not others. And lastly, they provide detection only, leaving mitigation up to the TLD manager.
3. Build your own. But this requires hiring highly specialized staff, developing or purchasing data, and building tools and procedures. The costs in money and time are high.
4. Outsource. Until now, there were no other options to effectively detect and curb abuse, at a reasonable cost. Now you can outsource this specialty need to an independent and trusted third party, who has the tools and capabilities you need.
NameSentry™ is a software-as-a-service offering that aggregates and collates best-of-breed data feeds and provides an anti-abuse workflow management system. The easy-to-use portal allows you to monitor the overall health and reputation of your TLD or domain portfolio near real-time. The drill-down features allow you to see abuse by category, and details by domain. You can see which sites within your TLD or portfolio are hacked or infected. You can set the customizable preferences to track specific kinds of problems, automatically notify your registrars about incidents, and even fulfill audit requirements by documenting reports by time or incident.
The NameSentry™ home page offers a quick summary of information, including the total number of abuse reports, abuse types and sources, and more.
NameSentry™ provides detailed listings of domains and incidents, sortable by categories, dates, and more.
Who Can Benefit?
- New and existing gTLDs and ccTLDs
- Registrars and resellers
- Large domain portfolio owners
- Anyone who does not want the cost and commitment of building a domain abuse detection and mitigation department
Intelligence On Various Forms Of Abuse Via A Customized Portal:
NameSentry™ possesses a unique, innovative, and complete set of tools and services not found anywhere else:
- Data feeds from the world’s most trusted security sources, automatically aggregated, collated, and delivered in an easy-to-use customized portal
- Coverage of the major abuse types: malware, phishing, spamming, botnets and more
- Configurable workflow features and tools, such as:
- Automated watch lists and registrar notification tools
- Automated alert notifications via email, text, or SMS
- Integration into your existing ticket system
- Audit trail to support documentation needs
- Intelligence features such as metrics and benchmarking
- Monitor an entire TLD, or a portfolio of domain names from a mix of TLDs
- A service designed and operated by industry leaders in security and anti-abuse
- Optional services:
- Full design and implementation of anti-abuse policies and procedures
- Option to outsource your abuse point-of-contact
- On-demand analysis and investigations
- Takedown services
With NameSentry™ You Automatically Get:
- Turn-key start-up and maintenance
- Comprehensive protection for various types of abuse:
- Botnets and more
- All the advantages of having your own anti-abuse department, and experienced security experts without the overhead
- Immediate savings on operational and staffing costs
- Savings and protection on managing sales incentive and rebate programs — find bad customers and eliminate bad business
- Flexibility and convenience:
- Dial up or down your coverage based on your risk profile
- Complement and extends the abuse detection services offered by some back-end providers
- Add additional services if and when you need them
- A potential revenue source — a value-added service to offer your registrars, resellers, or registrants
- A turnkey compliance and audit solution:
- Fulfill ICANN’s anti-abuse requirements for new gTLDs
- Maintain historical records
- Measure SLAs and performance
Want to Know More?
To learn more or schedule a demo, please contact us via email at email@example.com, or call us at +1-571-207-8786